This product has been discontinued. Please contact our sales department for help in selecting a similar replacement.
Crate VTX65B Description:
The VTX65B's three-channel operation offers stunning tonal flexibility. The Clean channel features a low-gain FlexWave circuit, providing sparkling clean tones. The medium-gain FlexWave circuit in the Rhythm channel adds just a little distortion and "crunch." The Solo channel's high-gain preamp provides serious overdrive, which can be finessed with its dedicated Level control. This channel also features our proprietary Shape control, which lets you dial in British style scooped mids, or the more American style boosted midrange. The Clean and Rhythm channels feature Crate's 3-band EQ for tweaking in the most subtle or dynamic tonal characteristics you want.
The DSP section in the VTX65B features 15 Delays, with four adjustment levels each for Single, Echo and Tape delay, and an Echo/Effects combination, which offers three levels. Speed for these effects can be set via the panel-mounted Tap button. Channel switching and DSP can be controlled with the included footswitch, which also allows access to two DSP presets on each of the three channels. All these features merge with a 65 watt RMS power section, making the VTX65B a force to be reckoned with, in a supremely portable combo format.
The Crate VTX65 three-channel guitar amplifier with Advanced Digital Signal Processing. This rugged amplifier combines outstanding features with serious clean and distorted sounds.
Dual DSP controls provide 15 "Multi" effects and 15 Delay effects which can be combined for a wide variety of sounds. The Save/Tap button allows you to manually set the tempo of many of the effects and to save new DSP presets in the amplifier's non-volatile memory.
A separate Reverb control adds even more to the array of effects. Front panel RCA CD Input jacks allow you to play along with your favorite CD or tape. The rear panel Insert Jack allows you to connect your effects for greater flexibility. Channel switching and DSP may be controlled by means of a footswitch, which also allows access to two DSP presets on each of the three channels.
The top-mounted electronic tuner lets you get tuned and stay in tune any time the amplifier is on.Like all Crate products, your VTX65 amplifier is designed by musicians, and built using only the best components.
Extensive testing confirms that this amplifier is the absolute best it can be.In order to get the most out of your new amplifier, we strongly suggest that you read the information contained in this guide before you begin playing.
The Top Panel:
- Use this jack to connect your guitar to the amplifier by means of a shielded instrument cable.
- SOLO/RHYTHM CHANNELS: High gain channels giving you sounds with serious overdrive.
2: SOLO LED:
- This LED illuminates when the Solo channel is selected.
- Use this control to adjust the amount of distortion produced by the Solo channel.
- Use this control to "dial in" the tone for the Solo channel. Rotating the control counterclockwise enhances the mid frequencies, while rotating the control clockwise enhances the low and high frequencies.
- Use this control to adjust the output level of the Solo channel.
- Use this switch to select the Solo or Rhythm channel. When this switch is depressed, the Solo channel is selected. With the switch in the out position, the Rhythm channel is selected. This switch is active only when the Solo/Rhythm/Clean switch (#13) is depressed.
7: RHYTHM LED:
- This LED illuminates when the Rhythm channel is selected.
- Use this control to adjust the amount of distortion produced by the Rhythm channel.
- Use this control to adjust the low frequency level of the Solo/Rhythm channel.
- Use this control to adjust the midrange frequency level of the Solo/Rhythm channel.
- Use this control to adjust the high frequency level of the Solo/Rhythm channel.
- Use this control to adjust the output level of the Rhythm channel.
13: SOLO/RHYTHM/CLEAN SELECT:
- Use this switch to select the Clean channel or the Solo and Rhythm channels. With the switch in the out position, the Clean channel is selected. When the switch is depressed, either the Solo or Rhythm channel is selected, depending on the setting of the Solo/Rhythm switch (#6).
- CLEAN CHANNEL: A normal gain channel designed to give you crystal clean sounds.
14: CLEAN LED:
- This LED illuminates when the Clean channel is selected.
- Use this control to adjust the output level of the Clean channel.
- Use this control to adjust the low frequency level of the Clean channel.
- Use this control to adjust the midrange frequency level of the Clean channel.
- Use this control to adjust the high frequency level of the Clean channel.
19: CD INPUT:
- Use these RCA jacks to connect the output from a CD player or tape deck to the amplifier. The signal at these jacks is combined into a mono signal which is sent to the internal power amp circuit. Use the CD or tape player's output level control to adjust the signal for the proper mix with your guitar.
- Use this control to select one of the fifteen "Multi" digital effects.
- Use this control to select one of the fifteen Delay digital effects.
- Use this pushbutton to set the tempo of many of the effects by tapping the button repeatedly in time with the desired tempo.
- The Save/Tap button is also used to save DSP presets and to restore the factory default DSP settings.
23: SAVE/TAP LED:
- This LED flashes in time with the tempo set by the Save/Tap button (#22), and serves as a status indicator for certain DSP activities
- NOTE: For some of the DSP effects, the Save/Tap LED remains illuminated. The Save/Tap LED does not illuminate when the DSP knobs are set to the Bypass position.
- Use this control to adjust the amount of digital reverb effect. In its fully counterclockwise position the signal will be "dry" (without any reverb).
- As you rotate the control clockwise the amount of reverb increases.
- Use this switch to turn the amplifier on (top of the switch depressed) and off (bottom of the switch depressed).
- The switch illuminates when the power is on.
- NOTE: When the amplifier is turned on, the Save/Tap LED flashes for one second before the amplifier is operational.
26: ELECTRONIC TUNER (cabinet top, not shown):
- The electronic tuner is active whenever the amplifier is turned on, providing constant, "real-time" tuning. The bottom row of LEDs indicate which note (string) is being tuned. The top row of LEDs provides directional queues to facilitate quick and precise tuning of your instrument.
- The indicated note (string) is properly tuned when only the center LED is illuminated.
The Bottom Panel:
- The fuse protects the amplifier from damages caused by a faulty AC power source and/or other problems.
- If the fuse opens, replace it ONLY with the same size and type. If fuses continue to fail, check the AC source – if the source is okay, contact your Crate dealer for service information.
28: EXTENSION SPEAKER:
- Use this jack to connect the amplifier to an external speaker cabinet. This jack is wired in series with the internal speaker(s) which remain active when an extension speaker is connected.
29: DSP A/B FOOTSWITCH:
- Use this jack to connect one of the footswitch cables to the three-button footswitch (supplied). This allows you to select between two presets for each of the three channels.
30: CLEAN/SOLO/RHYTHM FOOTSWITCH:
- Use this jack to connect one of the footswitch cables to the threebutton footswitch (supplied). This allows you to remotely switch between the Clean and Distortion channels and between the Solo and Rhythm channels.
- Use this jack to connect an external signal processor to the amplifier. Use Crate's STP201, STP202, or STP203 stereo-to-mono Y-cord or an adapter such as Crate's YPP117 and two 1/4" mono signal cables to connect to the effect as shown below.
32: AC LINE CORD (not shown):
- This grounded power cord is to be plugged into a grounded power outlet, wired to current electrical codes and compatible with the voltage, power, and frequency requirements stated on the bottom panel. Do not attempt to defeat the safety ground connection.
The DSP Section:
- The VTX65 features DSP controls for Multi, Delay and Reverb.
- Complete information about the Multi and Delay effects is given below. The Multi control selects the "pitch modified" and wah effects.
- Many of these effects have their speed controlled by the Save/Tap button. The Delay control selects the delay or echo effects. All of these effects have their speed controlled by the Save/Tap button.
Crate VTX65B Specifications:
- Output Power Rating 65W RMS @5% THD, 8O, 120 VAC
- Speaker Size and Rating (1) Custom Design 12", 8O
- Input Impedance 470kO
- Total System Gain Solo Ch 110dB, all controls @10
- Rhythm Ch 88dB, all controls @10
- Clean Ch 58dB, all controls @10
- CD Input 29dB
- Maximum Input Signal Accepted 7 volts peak-to-peak
- Solo Channel Shape Control Proprietary Circuit
- Rhythm Channel Low Control 20dB range @ 80Hz
- Mid Control 15dB range @ 1kHz
- High Control 20dB range @ 10kHz
- Clean Channel Low Control 36dB range @ 80Hz
- Mid Control 15dB range @ 800Hz
- High Control 40dB range @ 10kHz
- Power Requirements 120 VAC, 60Hz, 90VA
- 100/115VAC, 50/60Hz, 90VA;
- 230VAC, 50/60Hz, 90VA
- Size and Weight 19-1/4" H x 21" W x 10-1/4" D, 34 lbs.
Get your Crate VTX65B today!