Crown CM200A Description:
The Crown® CM-200A and CM-200ASW are
cardioid condenser microphones for professional
vocal and instrumental use. They offer
studio quality sound, yet are rugged enough to
withstand hard professional use in the field. Their
outstanding performance is complemented with
handsome styling and a comfortable balance.
The CM-200A and CM-200ASW are identical except
that the CM-200ASW has an on-off switch in
the handle. It is a silent-operating magnetic reed
The sound of the CM-200A or CM-200ASW is
smooth and non-harsh- yet very articulate- with
a wider frequency range than standard vocal microphones.
When used up-close, its proximity
effect boosts the low-frequency response for a
warm, robust sound. An upper-midrange "presence
peak" adds intelligibility.
The cardioid polar pattern increases gain-beforefeedback,
rejects unwanted background noise,
and discriminates against sounds approaching the
rear of the microphone.
A built-in multi-stage pop filter effectively suppresses
explosive breath sounds. Handling noise
is extremely low. The unit can withstand repeated
drops and abuse, as well as extremely loud sound
pressure levels without distortion.
The output of the microphone is balanced, low
impedance, which allows long cable runs without
hum pickup or high-frequency loss. The unit can
be phantom powered from the console or other
remote power supply.
Included with the CM-200A and CM-200ASW is a
convenient carrying pouch, an adjustable microphone
stand adapter for mounting the unit to any
microphone stand, and a foam windscreen to further reduce breath popping and wind noise.
Crown CM200A Features:
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces feedback and background noise.
- Smooth, articulate sound with up-close bass boost.
- Built rugged for the road.
- Handsome styling and comfortable balance.
- Multi-stage pop filter, low handling noise.
Crown CM200A Specifications:
- Type: Cardioid condenser vocal-instrumental microphone
- Element: Electret condenser
- Frequency Response (typical): 80 Hz to 15,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Impedance: 150 ohms nominal, 200 ohms actual, balanced
- Recommended minimum load impedance: 1000 ohms
- Open Circuit Sensitivity (48 V supply): 3.0 mV/Pa (–53 dBV/Pa)
- Power Sensitivity: –52 dBm/Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level (self-noise): 21.5 dB SPL typical, A-weighted.
- S/N Ratio: 72.5 dB at 94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL for 3% THD: 151 dB SPL with 48V supply; 143 dB SPL with 12V supply
- Polarity: Positive pressure on the diaphragm produces a positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3 of output connector
- Operating Voltage: Phantom power, 12 to 48 volts DC, positive voltage on pins 2 and 3 with respect to pin 1 of output connector
- Current Drain: 1.7 mA
- Materials: Rugged aluminum alloy housing, steel grille
- Finish: Satin black
- Cable: None supplied; use 2-conductor shielded microphone cable
- Connector: 3-pin male XLR type
- Net Weight: 7 oz. (199 g)
- Included Accessories: Carrying pouch, ASA-2 microphone stand adapter and WS-4 windscreen
- Optional Accessories: Crown PH-1A phantom power supply (1 channel, batteryor AC adapter powered), and Crown PH-4B phantom power supply (4 channels, ACpowered)
Get your Crown CM200A today!