Digidesign Mbox 2
Digidesign Mbox 2 Overview:
Mbox® 2 is a next-generation USB-powered audio/MIDI production system that builds on the performance and simplicity of the original Mbox - Digidesign's most popular personal studio system ever. Featuring a wide range of connection options, including analog, digital, and MIDI I/O, Mbox 2 delivers professional performance in an incredibly compact package.
Mbox 2 also includes award-winning, easy-to-use Pro Tools LE™ software, which offers many of the same features that top studios rely on to produce Grammy®-winning albums and Academy Award®–winning film sound.
Projects created with Mbox 2 and Pro Tools LE software also open on Pro Tools|HD® and Pro Tools M-Powered™ systems - providing instant compatibility with countless Pro Tools®–equipped project and professional studio around the globe.
- Digidesign-qualified Windows Vista- (32-bit Business or Ultimate), Windows XP- or Mac OS X 10.5-based computer
- Minimum 1 GB of RAM
- DVD-ROM or equivalent optical drive for software installation
- Available USB port for Mbox 2 system (USB hubs not supported)
The Mbox® 2 hardware interface is both powerful and easy to use, featuring a distinctive industrial design, impressive sound quality, and extensive input and output options.
- 100% USB powered for maximum portability
- 2 analog inputs, 2 analog outputs
- 2 channels of S/PDIF digital I/O
- 1 MIDI input and 1 MIDI output (16 channels in/16 channels out)
- Zero-latency monitoring
- Superior sonic performance
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Separate source selection and gain control per channel
- Headphone output with dedicated volume control
- Dedicated studio monitor volume control
Pro Tools software is used in countless professional studios around the world, and includes all the tools you need to easily compose, record, edit, mix, and master your projects with pro results - every time.