This product has been discontinued. Please contact our sales department for help in selecting a similar replacement.
Following up on the tremendous success of its HDS-6/ HR-6 Headphone/Audio Distribution System, Furman introduces an enlarged and enhanced system, the HDS-16/HRM-16 Headphone/Audio Distribution System.
The HDS-16 Headphone/Audio Distribution System and HRM-16 Headphone/Audio Remote Mixer are the logical extension to Furman's very popular headphone amp/audio distribution lineup. These models are designed to function equally well for both live (in-ear or stage monitors) and studio applications, allowing greater flexibility and ease for both the user and the engineer.
The HDS-16/HRM-16 Headphone/Audio Distribution System cleanly routes 8 mono and 4 stereo signals to remote mixing locations via Centronics 50 pin cables. Up to eight HRM-16's can be connected directly or daisy chained to a single HDS-16, allowing as many as sixteen users (two per each HRM-16) to customize eight different mixes. A unique talkback system allows each user to communicate with other users and the main mixing location. Additionally, a SOLO system allows the engineer to mute all but one stereo send from the mix location -- very handy for reviewing recent takes or rough mixes. Additional HRM-16 features include local effects send/return, line out, overall bass/treble controls, talkback level, and a master level control.
The HRM-16 Remote Mixer may either attach to a mic stand with the included mic stand clip and hardware, or be placed on a table or shelf. The unit requires no external power, and allows full volume/low distortion headphone mixes to be created on the fly.
The eight mono and four stereo signals each have level controls. Each mono channel also has a pan control and an effects send control which feeds its own rear panel 1/4" send/return jacks; the affected signal is returned into the mix and controlled via a stereo effects return knob. Also on the rear panel of the HRM-16 is a mono line out 1/4" jack to drive stage or in-ear monitors, a jack for a talk-back footswitch, and two 50 pin Centronics connectors to allow daisy chaining of up to four HRM-16's.
Connecting HDS-16 and HRM-16s is easy, as each mixer is supplied with a 25-foot super-flexible interconnect cable which can easily be extended or routed through walls and daisy chained to other HRM-16s. Cable extenders and thru-wall installation kits are available as well (see below).
Furman HRM-16 Features:
- Every artist in the studio or on stage can have a custom headphone/monitor mix without any adjustments at the board
- Perfect for tracking, overdubbing, rehearsal sessions, and onstage monitor mixing
- Can either be attached to a mic stand or be set on a shelf or table, allowing headphone/monitor mixes to be created on the fly
- Talkback system allows each HRM-16 mixer user to communicate with other users and the main mixing location
- One 25 foot HDS-16 to HRM-16 linking cable is included with each HRM-16 unit, eliminating the need for a costly "console snake"
- All inputs are balanced; line outputs are balanced or single ended
- Three year limited warranty
Furman HRM-16 Specifications:
- Cable Specs: 25 twisted pair, 24AWG, with overall shield, Centronics 50 pin plug (male) each end. The length of cable used only affects the maximum continuous power out.
- Losses for additional cable beyond 25 feet: 32 Ohm phones: -0.34 dB (693 mW vs. 750 mW maximum output) per 100 feet of cable
- 100 Ohm phones: -0.16 dB (746 mW vs. 770 mW maximum output) per 100 feet of cable
- 600 Ohm phones: -0.056 dB (257 mW vs.260 mW maximum output) per 100 feet of cable
- Power Output: 750 mW at 32 ohms; 770 mW at 100 ohms; 260 mW at 600 ohms
- Line Outputs: Balanced or single ended, impedance 50 ohms, 68 dB OCMR
- Sensitivity: +4 dBu for rated output
- Inputs: 1/4" phone, balanced or unbalanced
- Outputs: RJ-45 jacks
- Distortion: Less than .002% THD, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, full rated power
- Dynamic Range: Greater than 105 dB
- Frequency Response: +0, -1 dB from 13 Hz to 32 kHz
- Crosstalk: Less than -95 dB at 10kHz
- Dimensions: 2.875" H x 11" W x 7" D
- Weight: 3.5 lbs.
Get Your Furman HRM-16 Today!