Genz Benz GBE1200
Genz Benz GBE1200 Description:
Based upon the tone and versatility of our popular GBE 600, the new GBE 1200 "takes it to the limit" in features, power and performance.
With added refinements and output power, the GBE 1200 delivers 1200 watts of power, tone and versatility into real world "reactive" speaker loads.
The ability for our amplifier designs to drive "resistive" and "reactive" speaker loads, along with our Extended Burst Power ratings, separates Genz Benz from the pack.Our amplifiers are louder, punchier, warmer and more articulate.
The GBE 1200 introduces our unique "POWERFLEX" circuitry and switching which helps to provide full and stable power delivery into selectable 4 or 2 ohm speaker loads.
The Preamp section of the three-space GBE 1200 is enhanced with two separate FET and 12AX7 TUBE channels that can be selected independently or mixed together creating endless tonal possibilities. A "global" Signal Shaping Circuit and Master output section round out the performance aspects of this amp.
The GBE 1200 is beautiful too! The contoured, sleek lines of the 5mm thick, machined aluminum front panel are adorned with blue LED's and color-coded Master Status LED's which provide comprehensive operator information at a glance. Ergonomically sculpted handles add comfort and convenience.
The GBE 1200's unmatched fit and finish, versatility, power and tone make it the benchmark in bass amplification.
DYNAMIC OUTPUT INTO "REACTIVE" REAL WORLD SPEAKER LOADS
An important and not commonly discussed specification is a power amps ability to deliver rated power into a "reactive load". All speakers present a reactive load to the amplifier, reducing real world driving ability. Although speaker cabinets are usually rated as 8 or 4 ohms, this is a "nominal" impedance rating and in actuality can dip as much as 30%.
Since speakers are not resistive loads but rather are highly "reactive", amplifiers must work even harder to drive them and will often prematurely trigger their protective limiting circuits - not so with GENZ BENZ bass amps!!
Our bass amplifier designs compensate for this effect and are rated to deliver their full power into reactive loads. This is one important reason GENZ BENZ amplifiers sound so big!!
Maximum Power Feature
This feature, designed into the GBE 1200, optimizes the massive power supply to better deliver maximum power levels at 4 ohms and for extended 2 ohm operation into reactive loads.
A large switch on the rear panel is provided so that the amplifier can be switched to correctly match the total cabinet impedance load on the amplifier for optimum performance and power.
An amber LED indicator is provided on the front panel Master Status section to indicate when the POWERFLEX feature is switched to 2 ohm operation.
EXTENDED BURST POWER RATINGS
The GBE 1200 is rated using the Extended Burst Power method which tests amplifier power output using a duty cycle 10 times more stringent than the IHF standard.
This demanding test method provides a much more accurate representation of the performance demands on the bass instrument amplifier in the real world.
Genz Benz GBE1200 Features:
- Active/Passive Input Stage
- Signal Mute Switch
- Tuner Out (also a rear panel Tuner Out)
- Independent FET and 12AX7 TUBE Channels
- Active 5 band EQ Section on each Channel with Two Shelving and Three PeakingNetworks
- Channel Select and Channel Mix Switches (Footswitchable)
- Channel O/L LED's
- Signal Shape Circuitry
- w/L.F. Extend, Mid Scoop, H.F. Attack all Adjustable (Min. – Max.) and Footswitchable
- Unique "Soft Limit" Circuit
- Comprehensive Amplifier Status LED's
- Master Volume
- Heavy-duty Toggle On/Off Switch
- Sleek, Ergonomic Amp Handles
- Sturdy 3 Space Metal Chassis with 5mm Thick Aluminum Faceplate
- Solid Aluminum Knurled Knobs on Premium Detent Pots
- Variable Speed Fan Cooling (thermally controlled)
- Heavy-duty 5 Button Footswitch (included)
- Weight: 42 lbs
- Dimensions:19"W x 15"D x 5.25"H
Rear Panel Features:
- Tuner Out (Parallel with Front Panel Tuner Out)
- Comprehensive Direct Output Section w/ Pre/Post Switch, Attenuation Sw, Ground Lift Sw
- Three Effects Loops - Independent Channel and Global Loops
- Slave Out Jack
- Dual Speakon® Output Connectors
- POWERFLEX Impedance
- Selector Switch
- Dual Voltage Switch
- Heavy-duty Toroidal Transformer
Genz Benz GBE1200 Specifications:
- Power output:550 W/1000 W/1200 W 8 ohm / 4 ohm / 2 ohm
- Output Cabinet: N/A
- Response Speaker Configuration: N/A
- Preamp Type:FET/TUBE
- Weight Lbs: 42
- Dimensions HxWxD:5 1/2" x 19" x 15"
Get your Genz Benz GBE1200 Today!