This product has been discontinued. Please contact our sales department for help in selecting a similar replacement.
Mackie Onyx 1200F
Mackie Onyx 1200F Description:
The Onyx 1200F is a no-compromise 30-input, 34-output studio recording preamp and FireWire audio interface featuring 12 boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps with individually-switchable phantom power. These highly acclaimed preamps are garnering rave reviews and giving those snobby, mega-buck standalone mic preamps a run for their money-thanks to superior headroom, sonic detail, and clarity (namely, a whopping 123dB dynamic range and an amazingly low .0007% THD). But we all know when it comes to preamps, it's the sound that counts.
And Onyx preamps have been widely praised as exceptionally "open" and "revealing" by music press and artist alike. For guitar and bass, Inputs 11 and 12 are switchable to HI-Z instrument inputs, so you can ditch the direct boxes and improve your tone at the same time.
The Right Connections
And because what goes in, sometimes needs to go back out, and then come back in again, the Onyx 1200F includes balanced Sends and Returns for inserting outboard gear like compressors or guitar processors into the signal path before sending it to your Mac or PC. The 1200F's rear panel is brimming with modern connections including FireWire, wordclock, S/PDIF, AES/EBU, two ADAT Optical I/O ports, and a 25-pin d-Sub connection with eight assignable balanced analog outputs.
Also remarkably crammed into this production powerhouse are dual MIDI Ins and Outs, footswitchable Talkback facilities, two sets of control room monitor outputs, and four fully assignable headphone mix outputs. Try putting an I/O package like this together for anywhere near this price, and you'll see why the Onyx 1200F is such an incredibly sweet solution for anyone serious about recording and producing audio on their computer.
ackie took the extra time to over-engineer the entire 1200F signal path, including mastering-grade AKM® AK4358 8-channel ADC(s) and AK5385 Stereo DAC(s) converters-the same top-notch, phase-accurate converters you'll find in their flagship Digital X Bus consoles. Of course, the Onyx 1200F's "sound quality" is a function of its entire system - the superb Onyx preamps, the well-engineered summing circuitry, 64-bit floating point processing, and just plain good audio design. Put simply, there is no other box that does so much or sounds this good, at any price.
A Matrix Sequel That Doesn't Suck
The Onyx 1200F's little brother, the 400F, was the first FireWire audio interface with a true 64-bit onboard Matrix Mixer with floating-point DSP. In the 1200F, a next generation 30 x 34 DSP-controlled Matrix Mixer lets you route any input to any output with panning, level control, mute and solo controls, storing your mixes for instant recall at a later date. (It's also worth noting that this high-powered DSP Matrix Mixer is the reason you can route any input to any output with an amazingly low .65 milliseconds of latency.)
When tracking, you can even create four distinct headphone mixes, one for each musician. All settings can be stored via included 1200F control panel software, and this routing is retained when the unit powers back up-even with no computer attached. In this way, the 1200F can also serve as a standalone rackmount digital mixer.
Mackie Onyx 1200F Features:
- Premium 30 input x 34 output FireWire audio interface
- 12 flagship Onyx mic preamps with class-leading fidelity and dynamic range
- 8 balanced line outputs via 25-pin d-sub connector
- 16 x 16 ADAT I/O @ 48kHz (8x8 @ 96kHz, 4x4 @ 192kHz)
- 4 headphone outputs with volume control and discrete stereo feeds
- Superb AKM® 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A converters
- Powerful Onboard DSP Matrix Mixer: connect any input to any output at near-zero latency
- Built-in control room functions include A/B Monitor Switching,Talkback, plus stereo and up to 7.1 surround output main volume control
- Balanced TRS send and return insert jacks on Inputs 1 and 2
- Dual FireWire ports for daisy chaining and direct connection to Mac or PC
- 2x2 MIDI I/O plus Word Clock, stereo AES/EBU and stereo S/PDIF I/O
- Stand-alone mixer functionality for field and studio use without computer
- Includes Tracktion 2 Music Production Software and Final Mix Mastering Tools
Get your Mackie Onyx 1200F today!