Pioneer DJM-800 Description:
The DJM-800 mixer gives professional DJs the tool they need to expand their musical horizon, with capabilities for mixing records, remixing, producing and performing. Pioneer?s DJ mixers have a reputation for providing high quality audio and reliability. The new DJM-800 incorporates features recommended by many professional DJs and club engineers, raising the bar on sound fidelity and ease of mixer operation.
Most important are its high quality 24bit/96kHz sampling and effect capabilities.
High Quality Audio
The analog signal from the player passes through the shortest signal route, first digitized at 24bit/96kHz through a pro A/D converter where it reaches the digital mixing stage with the best sound possible. The mixing is carried out by 32bit DSP with minimal deterioration of sound quality. A highly rigid chassis minimizes unnecessary vibration, which could adversely affect sound quality. The mixer also incorporates a dual-shield structure for eliminating entry of digital noise and a high performance power supply for noise-free power.
Sound Color Effects For A New Style of DJ Mixing
The world?s first DJ mixer with Auto Harmonic Tuning detects the key of song and automatically corrects to the closest true key. In music theory terms, when a DJ raises the pitch of a song in the key of C by three percent, the song is no longer in the key of C, but somewhere between C and C sharp. This makes it impossible to perform a perfect harmonic mix.
Pioneer?s new Harmonic Tuning feature takes the key of the source audio and adjusts the pitch until it is that of a standard note. Of course still has to know some basics about music, such as which keys match, in order to pull off an acoustically perfect harmonic mix.
World class DJs currently spend thousands of hours learning the keys of their music and re-mastering their library to be in in.perfect pitch in.. Now the DJM-800 makes it easier to perform a in.Harmonic Mix in..
The DJM-800 incorporates a highpass / lowpass filter, notch filter and bit crusher effect for all channels. In conjunction with the additional Beat Effects, 50 combinations of effects are possible.
Higher quality effects at 24bits make for a cleaner sounding remix. The effects automatically detect the BPM of the music and sync to the beats.
The DJM-800 includes some familiar effects, plus some new ones: Echo, Delay, Reverse Delay, Pan, Transform, Filter, Flanger, Phaser, Reverb, Robot, Chorus, Roll and Reverse Roll.
Digital Input/Output terminals
Digital inputs and outputs allow for connection with other digital-capable equipment for a fully digital chain, without degradation of sound quality.
The DJM-800 is not only ideal for the club professional but also great in a recording studio environment where high fidelity sound is required. Input frequencies of 44.1/48/96kHz are compatible; output frequency is selectable between 48/96kHz.
Fully Assignable MIDI function
There are a total of 61 assignable controls. The MIDI signal can be sent from almost all knobs and switches on the surface of the DJM-800 to external MIDI equipment. Since the mixer can send out many MIDI signals, it can be used as a flexible interface to music software or hardware such as Ableton Live or EDIROL V-4 Video Mixer.
Rotary Volume Knobs (optional)
The main volume fader knobs can be replaced with rotary volume knobs (DJC-800RV), which are especially valuable for extended mixing providing more subtlety and precision.
Numerous other features make the DJM-800 ideal for a sophisticated DJ:
- Cross Fader Assign allows the DJ to assign each channel?s input to the cross fader.
- Fader Curve Adjust allows the user to change the cross fader/channel fader curve.
- When connected to a Pioneer CDJ player, the Fader Start allows playback to be started by simply sliding the cross fader or channel fader.
- A built-in three-band equalizer enables level control within a ?26dB to +6dB range for high, mid, low bands, respectively.
- The Talk Over feature automatically lowers track volume so an MC can talk over the track.
- The Mic Signal Cut eliminates the microphone sound output to the booth monitor to prevent feedback.
- The DJ can check the peak level of the input audio for each channel and the master.
Pioneer DJM-800 Features:
- 4 Channels
- 4 Digital Inputs
- 5 Line Inputs
- 3 Turntable Inputs
- 4 Switchable Digital/Line Inputs
- 4 Fader Start Inputs
- 3 Band EQ per channel(-26dB to +6dB)
- EQ Off/On/Talkober switch
- 2 Mic Inputs
- 2 Band Mic EQ
- 3 Position Adjustable Channel Fader Curve
- 3 Position Adjustable Cross Fader Curve
- Headphone Monitor auditioning
- Stereo Send / Return
- RCA & XLR Outputs
Pioneer DJM-800 Specifications:
- Power requirements: AC 120V, 60 Hz
- Power consumption: 32W
- Weight: 8kg / 17.6 lbs
- Dimensions: 12-5/8 in. (W) x 15 in. (D) x 4-1/4 in. (H)
- Audio Section
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz (CD)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 105dB (Line)
- Distortion Ratio: 0.005% or less
- Input Terminal
- CD/line x 5 (RCA)
- Phono x 3 (RCA)
- Digital in x 4 (Coaxial S/PDIF)
- Mic x 2 (XLR / 1/4 in. combo x 1, 1/4 in. x 1)
- Output Terminal
- Master out x 2 (RCA x 1, XLR x 1)
- Booth out x 1 (1/4 in.)
- Headphone monitor out x 1 (top panel 1/4 in.)
- Rec out x 1 (RCA)
- Digital out x 1 (Coaxial S/PDIF)
- Other Terminal
- Send x 1 (1/4 in.)
- Return x 1 (1/4 in.)
- MIDI out x 1 (5pin DIN)
- Control x 4 (3.5mm mini jack)
Get your Pioneer DJM-800 today!