Tascam DM-4800 Description:
The TASCAM DM-4800 is the ultimate digital console for professional users who demand a flexible, 64-channel mix platform that configures to fit their needs.
A "fat channel" strip in the center of the board provides instant access to 4-band parametric EQ, dynamics and aux controls available for the first 48 channels.
Twenty-four studio-grade mic preamps provide enough inputs for a live event, and more can be added using expansion cards with external preamps.
The standard compliment of analog and digital I/O is more than you'll find on consoles costing three times as much, and a completely confi gurable 24-buss routing system allows you to re-patch the board at the flick of a switch.
TASCAM's DM-4800 fits seamlessly into the modern recording environment based around a computer DAW. With a single button press, the Remote layer provides a 24-fader control surface for control of premiere workstations such as Pro Tools, Logic, SONAR, DP, Cubase and Nuendo.
The optional IF-FW/DM mkII interface card provides 32 channels to and from a computer at up to 96kHz over a single FireWire cable. And the optional surround monitoring card provides downmixing, bass management and level control for mixing in up to 6.1 surround.
No matter what your application, the TASCAM DM-4800 adapts to the needs of any professional audio installation.
Tascam DM-4800 Specifications:
- 48 channels and 16 returns for 64 total inputs
- 24 busses
- 12 Aux Sends
- 24 mic/line inputs with analog inserts plus phantom power for condenser mics
- 24 channels of TDIF and 8 channels of ADAT built in
- 4 expansion card slots support optional FireWire, ADAT, AES/EBU, Analog, TDIF and Surround Monitoring cards
- Dedicated cascade port supports cascade of two DM-4800s
- Channel Strip section for EQ, Dynamics and Aux control of selected channel
- Per channel LED ring encoders for pan, aux sends and EQ
- Built-in DAW control layer compatible with Pro Tools®, Logic Pro™, SONAR™, Cubase™, Nuendo™, and Digital Performer™
- Transport buttons control DAW software, RS-422 devices or MMC devices
- Powerful automation with touch-sensitive motorized faders
- 4-band EQ, compression and gating on each channel
- Compression for each aux, buss and main output
- Two built-in effects processors, each able to run TC Reverb programs
- Flexible routing allows any input to be routed to any channel or output
- Offload data to convenient Compact Flash media using built-in CF slot
- Optional MU-1000 meter bridge (as shown)
- Maximum overall dimensions (w x d x h) including rest: 36.75" x 32.4" x 9.1" (933mm x 824mm x 230mm)
- Weight: 71lbs (35kg)
Rear Panel Connections
- (24) XLR mic/line inputs with analog inserts plus phantom power for condenser mics
- (24) 1/4" TRS Analog inserts
- (24) Balanced 1/4" TRS line inputs
- (3x) 8-channel TDIF digital inputs and outputs
- 8-channel ADAT optical digital input and output
- 4 expansion card slots support optional FireWire, ADAT, AES/EBU, Analog & TDIF cards (listed below)
- (2) Stereo AES/EBU digital inputs on XLR connectors
- (2) Stereo S/PDIF digital inputs on coaxial connectors
- (2) Stereo AES/EBU digital outputs on XLR connectors
- (2) Stereo S/PDIF digital outputs on coaxial connectors
- Stereo XLR balanced line outputs
- 1/4" Stereo TRS balanced Large Monitor outputs
- 1/4" Stereo TRS balanced Small Monitor outputs
- Stereo 1/4" TRS balanced Studio outputs
- Stereo RCA 2-Track input
- (8) 1/4" TRS balanced Assignable Insert sends
- (8) 1/4" TRS balanced Assignable insert returns
- RCA Timecode input
- MIDI In, Out and Thru connectors
- BNC Word Sync Input and Out/Thru with termination
- GPI output for parallel control
- RS-422 connector for device control
- USB 1.1 connector
- 1/4" Footswitch jack
- Dedicated cascade port supports cascade of two DM-4800 mixers
- Connector for (optional) MU-1000 24-channel meter bridge
Get Your Tascam DM-4800 Today!